Thursday, June 25, 2009

Grandma's Pop Garden - WIP

man--this is one of the worst weeks ever! my kids are still sick (the 2nd week of illness)--this flu bug is just lingering and lingering AND we have to be out of the house everyday, all day, because we're remodeling the bathrooms. the grandparents have been great and i've been able to bring the kids and camp out at their respective houses. at least i'm better now (i was sick the first week) and i was able to do some hand-sewing!

these are all the hexagons that i've basted so far. they're big--5" (i started them here). "only" 300 more to go! but it's pretty relaxing to do mindless sewing. i'm planning to put rows together as i go so once i baste another 20 or so, i'll start sewing the rows together. i'll show pics as i go along.

lots of TV time for the kids while they're sick which is why i'm working on these. ah well--there's always a silver lining!

9 comments:

  1. I've been working on my GFG quilt for a year now. When I started, I gave myself two years in which to finish it. My goal is to do it entirely by hand, including the binding. My hexies are only 1" in diameter so you can see it's a WIP. I just recently pulled it out again and I've been working on it since Monday. It is just the 'mindless' kind of stitching that I'm yearning for right now.

    Yours is going to be wonderfullt fresh looking with your choice of fabrics.

    I hope everyone gets well soon. Being sick in the summer is no fun at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending well wishes your way. Your GFG will be gorgeous.
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad Kaaren sent me over, Your blog has some wonderful projects you've done. Love the big hexes, I have that range of fabric but I'm hoarding it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope everyone will be well soon. Not fun when you have work being done in the house and you have to leave. I love your hexagons I am making 1" ones and they are addictive. Not sure what I will do with them when they are done LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello....Your GFG is going to be beautiful. I love the fabric and color choice. It will be a lot of work but..oh, so wonderful in the end. Thanks to Kaaren.. she sent me to your blog.

    Friends,
    Susannah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just wanted to leave a quick comment about the beautiful quilts you've made. You certainly do great quilting work. I've added you to my favorites and will have to go back and read all your past posts. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hopefully, your family will be on the mend in short time. Your GFG is lovely. The fabric choices are so soft and pretty. Look forward to seeing more.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are great! I did this for one entire summer, in my spare time, using fruit fabric and made a great roundish table covering! It was great while I was watching baseball games and tennis matches--I would wave and cheer and keep on hand sewing! I attracted a whole following of moms the larger it grew--and three began their own--new sewers! What fun! Enjoy--I love your fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kaaren sent me over!! You have a teriffic blog!

    ReplyDelete